From learning how to cut herbs with a box grater to baking raw pasta in the oven with nothing but a block of cream cheese and a dream, TikTok – specifically, “FoodTok” – m took him on a series of unexpected culinary adventures. My last trip was to try “Ice Cream Bread”, a sweet dessert that uses only two ingredients: ice cream and self-rising flour.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any ice cream flavor you want to incorporate into the treat. So for the sake of science (and my taste buds), I decided to combine three classic flavors – chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry – to create a Neapolitan bread perfect for slicing and tasting a variety of cream bread flavors. frozen.
To create this multi-flavored bread, start by dividing the total amount of self-rising flour used for one loaf into three separate bowls.
Then add 2/3 of a cup of melted ice cream to each bowl of flour and mix until the dough is completely incorporated.
When well mixed, the dough will be light and airy, with an almost whipped consistency.
Using dividers, segment a greased loaf pan into three sections and slowly fill each cavity with dough.
Remove the dividers and apply the desired toppings before placing it in the oven.
Take the finished bread out of the oven and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
If your strawberry ice cream contains fresh strawberries, the strawberry paste may take longer to cook than the other two flavors. To avoid uneven cooking, I recommend straining your melted strawberry ice cream to remove any fresh fruit. Alternatively, you can extend the baking time of your bread a few more minutes, but be sure to cover the chocolate and vanilla portions with foil until the strawberry portion is completely cooked.
The beauty of ice cream bread is that, because it is made only of ice cream and flour, underbaked bread is always safe to eat. This means that any failed attempt is just another treat for the chef!
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, divided into 1/2 cups
2/3 cup strawberry ice cream, melted
2/3 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
2/3 cup chocolate ice cream, melted
Toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 Â° F.
- Butter and line a standard loaf pan. Create two pan-width dividers out of foil and set aside.
- In three separate bowls, mix each flavor of ice cream well with 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- With the pan dividers in place, carefully pour each flavor into its respective cavity (for a Neapolitan bread, the vanilla should be in the center).
- Carefully remove each divider from the dough. You can use a toothpick to even out the lines dividing each flavor if necessary.
- Add your desired toppings.
- Bake at 350 Â° F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a clean toothpick comes out of the three segments.
- Allow bread to cool completely before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 loaf
- Preparation time
- 25 minutes
- Cooking time
- 45 minutes
- Total time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds