Christmas Sugar Cookies just got an upgrade.
Gracie Gordon, a food and wellness blogger, shared her take on the holiday dessert with an original sugar cookie bread recipe.
She uploaded a preview of her creation to TikTok in late November, and the 12-second clip reached more than 2.4 million people on the video-sharing app. Thousands of users requested the recipe, which Gordon shared on his blog – the Hungry Blonde, while others reported the dish as a must-try.
COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS: 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DESSERTS
“I found the Sugar Cookie Bread recipe when I was craving my favorite Christmas cookies, but I didn’t feel like going through the whole process that sugar cookies required, so I got it. turned into a dessert loaf,” Gordon told Fox News. Digital. “It tastes like sugar cookies and pound cake, and my audience on TikTok and Instagram seemed to agree.”
Gordon’s Sugar Cookie Bread recipe is gluten-free, however, she said traditional white flour can be used if preferred. Here’s how you can make the viral holiday recipe at home.
WHAT’S THE STORY WITH CHRISTMAS COOKIES? WHY DO WE LEAVE COOKIES FOR SANTA?
Materials you will need:
- 2 to 3 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing utensils
- Bread mold
- cooling grid
CANDY CANES: WEIRD AND INTERESTING FACTS
Sugar cookie bread
- ½ cup or 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk
- 1⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 teaspoons of red and green nuggets
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- More nuggets
MOST POPULAR CHRISTMAS RECIPES ON TIKTOK REVEALED: ‘GRINCH BROWNIES’ AND OTHER VIRAL FAVORITES
Sugar cookie bread:
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl before adding the egg, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Pour in and mix the milk with the rest of your liquid ingredients. Keep mixing until everything is completely combined.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients together.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients in one bowl and mix everything together until the batter reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the red and green nuggets and mix gently.
- Grease and line a cake tin with parchment paper before pouring the batter into it.
- Bake the sugar cookie bread in an oven set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Gordon recommends baking the dessert for 45-50 minutes. The bread is ready when you can push in a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread and let it rest in the bread pan for 20 minutes. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack while you prepare the frosting.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl and whisk until the icing is smooth.
- Drizzle frosting over sugar cookie bread and add more sprinkles, if desired.
CHEESECAKE CHERRY BROWNIES FOR CHRISTMAS DESSERT
Since going viral on TikTok, Gordon told Fox that she’s created five other cookie bread recipes, including Candy Cane Sugar Cookie Bread, Oatmeal Cookie Bread, monster cookie loaf, a thin mint sugar cookie loaf., and a cinnamon crunch sugar cookie bun.
Each recipe is gluten-free and can be found on Gordon’s TikTok account – @Hungry.Blonde.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
This original recipe belongs to hungry blonde and was shared with Fox News.