Soft and fluffy, this condensed milk bread recipe is a must! The sweet, buttery bread melts in your mouth. And it’s really not that hard to do. This sweet bread recipe is wonderful for breakfast, with coffee or tea, or as a snack.
This condensed milk bread recipe makes two loaves. Be sure to eat one hot! This is destined to be your new favorite bread recipe.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 to 22 minutes
Total duration: 2.5 hours
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine milk, condensed milk, egg, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix well. Add flour and salt. Mix until a paste forms. Add butter and stir until well blended. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. (Dough is ready to rise when it does not tear when stretched.) Roll into a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Cover and let stand for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Squeeze the air out of the dough. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll out one of the pieces and flatten the dough into a long rectangle, then roll it up tightly. Seal the edges. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Cut each roll of dough into seven equal pieces. Place seven pieces in a loaf pan lined with parchment. Repeat with the second half of the dough in another bread pan. Cover and let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- Brush the dough with a glaze made with 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of milk. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Make the glaze by mixing the softened butter and the sweetened condensed milk. Let the bread cool slightly then brush it with the glaze.
follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.