No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen on a sweltering hot day, so we’ve got a quick recipe to try.
Instagram pastry chef @cakeontherun is known for her quirky shortcuts and her latest creation only takes five minutes to put together.
You simply throw everything in a bowl, mix and put in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
READ MORE: Peanut Butter Cookies Using a Healthy Baked Oatmeal Recipe
It’s best to eat it hot, on its own or with a light coating of butter, so there’s no need to wait for it to cool down either.
The simple recipe is great for using on ripe bananas and tastes great for breakfast because it doesn’t contain too much sugar.
Watch how to do it in the video above or follow the instructions below.
For many more delicious culinary inspirations, visit our recipe page.
If you’re obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you’re in luck like us too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is full of gossip and reactions from the famous TV show.
Plus, it’s packed with super quick and easy recipes that anyone can try out at home.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, and some pastries can be microwaved in under a minute.
Many recipes are healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
It’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
Registration takes a few seconds – just tap here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Have you changed your mind? There is an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Banana bread recipe (for 8 slices)
- 200g on ripe banana
- 200g self-rising flour (or all-purpose with 1 teaspoon of baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter – we used Skippy, it’s nice and creamy
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / thermostat 4.
- Mash the banana with a fork or put it in a mug in the microwave for 1 minute so that it becomes mushy.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Line a small cake mold (or any other mold in your possession) and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp on top and cooked through in the middle.
- Slice and enjoy.
Eat hot and straight away.
This banana bread isn’t too sweet, so it’s delicious with salted butter on top.
You can also spread on jam for a fruity and sweet touch.
And if you think you have it for the pudding, serve it with vanilla ice cream and an extra dollop of peanut butter. Skippy is available in a Smooth, Super Crunch or Choc Chip swirl.
Download the SurreyLive app for a better reading experience and to get news from the areas that interest you most. Download it via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.