Nothing like the smell of bread baking in the oven. The aromas in this easy Parmesan and Rosemary Bread recipe will make you feel like you’re in an Italian grandma’s kitchen. This is one homemade bread recipe you don’t want to waste.
Preparation time: 1h30
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 2 hours (approximately)
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (Split)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine yeast and lukewarm water in a bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups flour and stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, rosemary and salt. Mix until homogeneous. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Coat the bottom of a 10 to 12 inch cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. With floured hands, shape the dough into a disc and put it in the pan. Cover again and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the dough. Make a large X in the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.