Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson’s Recipe for Pepperoni Bread
- 1 lb store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 C. italian seasoning
- 1 C. garlic powder
- 20 grams. pepperoni slices
- 2 bed. grated mozzarella
- 1g. Egg
- 1 tbsp. the water
- 2 tbsp. Grated parmesan
- Pizza sauce and/or ranch dressing for dipping
1. Let the dough sit at room temperature for an hour or two.
2. Preheat your oven to 375. Place the dough on a silicone baking mat or floured surface. Stretch or roll it until it’s about the size of a baking sheet
3. Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl. Stir Italian seasoning and garlic powder into melted butter. Spread 2/3 of the mixture over the pizza dough, reserving the rest to brush the topped dough later.
4. Place pepperoni in an even layer over the dough, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Starting with the long side, roll the dough into a sausage shape. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
5. Whisk egg with water in a small bowl. Brush egg mixture evenly over top of pepperoni bun. Put in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and brush the reserved butter mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
6. Let stand 10 minutes then cut into 2-inch pieces. Serve with pizza sauce and ranch for dipping. Serve and enjoy!
For more recipes, visit: smithsfoodanddrug.com.