The global packaged bread market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% and top off a valuation of US$66.5 billion by 2032.
Bread packaging is not quite the same as before, as consumers seek more stable products without hard packaging. When Berlin Green Week visitors were asked about this, almost 2/3rd of them have decided to stop breads with poor quality packaging.
However, German consumers prefer different types of bread in different packaging, such as frozen breads are preferred in cardboard boxes, while uncut breads are shrink-wrapped and sliced breads in plastic bags.
Since millennials, who prefer small portions of packaged bread, packaged for immediate consumption, manufacturing units are incorporating new machinery to enable the packaging of low-cost products without compromising the quality of the packaged bread and are launching solutions for packaging where the shelf life of the product can be extended. Traditional or passive packaging focused only on protecting the bread from oxygen and mold by wrapping it in synthetic, low gas permeability polymers.
Get | Download sample copy with graphs and list of figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-14408
However, a new concept has developed recently, called smart packaging or active packaging, in which the packaging is made with functional materials that can deliberately interact with the bread to monitor and extend its shelf life. Nano-packaging is also being researched by pioneers using edible and biodegradable films to meet environmental requirements that can increase the shelf life of packaged bread up to 60 days.
Another recent technological development in the market is the implementation of 3D for exact sorting using Vision-system, an innovative 3D scanner, which can easily handle the image recognition problem on conveyor belts during bread wrapping, which can be missed quite often in automatic sorting resulting in low contrast unidentified objects and small crumbs in the wrapped bread, which is undesirable.
Key insights from market research
- The packaged bread market is worth US$42.4 billion sales in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is expected to expand at the CAGR of 6% until 2032.
- Global demand for packaged bread is expected to increase year-on-year (YoY) by 8% in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is growing with a noticeable boost in production to reach US$66.5 billion by 2032.
- Easily available raw materials, healthy packaging, and improved quality and taste are the influencing factors among consumers, which are driving packaged bread sales in global markets.
- The demand for packaged bread has increased to 7% CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Associated British Foods Plc, DuPont Danisco, Fuji Baking Co. Ltd, Angel Bakeries and Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill) are expected to be the major players in the industry.
- Organically packaged bread and sandwich bread are in great demand by the baking industry which holds a notable market share.
“The extended shelf life of bread wrapped using smart packaging solutions compared to passive packaging helps protect bread quality without deterioration from oxygen and mold, using biodegradable and edible polymer films to low gas permeability while including a provisional safety rating, which perfectly maintains the taste and flavor of the product for 60 days, which drives demand and increases sales worldwide,” says an analyst from Future Market Insights.
The major brands associated with packaged bread are focusing on the development of sustainable products, while expanding the product lines with several modifications and extensive research procedures to boost industry growth and capture more market share in the scene world.
- In June 2021, Délifrance announced a partnership with trend consultants Harris & Hayes to organize a UK-wide retail study to explore the wants and needs of UK consumers in the fashion industry. packaged bread and pastries, and encourage them to buy quality products for both at home and outside the home.
- In 2020, the La Brea brand pursued a dual goal of keeping supermarket shelves stocked while keeping consumers engaged in expanding brand share. For example, the brand’s extensive product line included French baguettes with enhanced hydration and dusting of flour.
Several other products have also improved their characteristics, such as Italian round (increased hydration, dusting of flour, darker baking), French bread (darker baking, lighter interior, dusting of flour), whole grain bread (toppings grains and seeds) and sourdough bread. (darker cooking).
Learn more about analyzing reports with numbers and data tables, as well as the table of contents. Ask an Analyst – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-14408
Packaged bread market by category
By product type:
- Sandwich Bread
- Bread rolls and buns
- Tortillas, pitas and wraps
- Frozen breads
- Crispy Breads
- Dough and Crusts
- Baked goods
- Confectionery items
- Frozen desserts
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Browse all [email protected] https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/packaged-bread-market
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- How big is the packaged bread industry?
- At what CAGR is the Packaged Bread market poised to grow through 2032?
- How has the packaged bread market performed over the last half-decade?
- What will be the size of the packaged bread market in 2032?
- Who are the key players operating in the Packaged Bread Market?
- Which are the top countries driving the demand for packaged bread?
- What are the three most popular types of packaged bread?
- Is packaged fresh bakery bread better than store bought?
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market information and advisory services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the financial capital of the world, and has delivery centers in the United States and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses meet challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst fierce competition. Our custom and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of analysts led by FMI experts continuously monitor emerging trends and events across a wide range of industries to ensure our clients are prepared for the changing needs of their consumers.
Unit number: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Parcel number: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs
The publication Packaged Bread Market: Future Innovation Pathways, Growth & Profit Analysis, Forecast to 2032 appeared first on Future Market Insights.