Forget the leavening draw, rolling pin or special bread flour, all you need is a bowl and a few simple ingredients for this yeast-free recipe.
Instagram’s @cakeontherun shared their insanely easy focaccia ahead of The Great British Bake Off on Tuesday October 5th, and absolutely anyone can do it at home.
If you’ve been inspired by bread week on The Great British Bake Off, you have to try this cooking trick, it’s genius.
READ MORE: For many more quick and easy recipes, sign up for our free baking newsletter.
Made from flour and yogurt, the single-serve bread can be topped with any ingredient you want, whether it’s cherry tomatoes, black olives, and red onions, or the classic olive oil combo. and rosemary.
If you want to make a bigger loaf, just increase the amounts in the instructions below.
For a clear step-by-step guide to trying, follow the recipe video above.
If you’re obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you’re in luck like us too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is full of gossip and reactions from the famous TV show.
Plus, it’s packed with super quick and easy recipes that anyone can try out at home.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, and some pastries can be microwaved in under a minute.
Many recipes are healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
It’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
Registration takes a few seconds – just tap here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Have you changed your mind? There is an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Easy focaccia recipe (for 1 person)
- 5 tablespoons of self-rising flour (or flour + 1 teaspoon of baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- Plus an optional garnish – eg cherry tomatoes, red onions, black olives, rosemary.
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, first with a spoon and then your hands to create a ball of dough.
- Flatten the ball on a floured surface into a thick square shape and press your fingertips into it to make lumps.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil, sprinkle with additional salt and add any herbs and vegetables of your choice.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Gluten free tip
Do it gluten free – choose gluten free flour. We recommend that you use self-rising flour from Eurostar Commodities. The Yorkshire-based family business has its own website where you can buy a range of its fantastic gluten-free flours online.
You can also do it dairy-free – go for a dairy-free yogurt made with soy, almonds, or coconut.
Download the SurreyLive app for a better reading experience and to get news from the areas that interest you most. Download it via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.