If you’re new to baking, banana bread is a great way to start.
It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or equipment and the all-in-one method means it’s hassle-free.
Plus, it’s cheap to craft, so if you mess up it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to start over.
Known for her clever shortcuts, Instagram baker @cakeontherun is obsessed with humble bread and her latest recipe is incredibly easy.
Made in a microwave-safe bowl, it only takes two minutes to cook and serves two people.
With a few strawberries added to the mix, it’s a tasty way to add more fruit to your diet.
The video above shows you how to do it step by step. Instructions are also clearly stated below.
For more culinary inspiration, visit the SurreyLive recipe page.
If you’re obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you’re in luck like us too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is full of gossip and reactions from the famous TV show.
Plus, it’s packed with super quick and easy recipes that anyone can try out at home.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, and some pastries can be microwaved in under a minute.
Most of the recipes are healthy, vegan, and gluten free.
It’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
Registration takes a few seconds – just tap here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Have you changed your mind? There is an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Strawberry banana bread recipe (for 2 people)
- 75g self-rising flour
- 40g of margarine
- 40 g of mashed bananas (more ripe the better)
2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg white
- A few chopped strawberries
- Mash the banana with a fork then add everything to a bowl of any size (except strawberries).
- Stir with a spoon so that it is combined.
- Slice the strawberries and gently fold in.
- Cook in the microwave on maximum power for 2 minutes.
- Come home!
- The riper the banana, the more naturally sweet it is, so you won’t need to add as much sugar.
- Fresh or frozen strawberries work.
- If you don’t like strawberries, any berry works just as well as blueberries and raspberries.
- Before putting it in the microwave, try to clean as much of the mixture as possible from the rim of the bowl (this makes washing up easier!)
- You can bake it in the oven. It will take about 20 minutes at 180C / 350F / thermostat 4. You will need to line a baking dish with parchment paper so that it does not stick.
- You don’t need to line the bowl when you microwave it. We used a bowl of basic cereal.
- To make bread gluten-free, use gluten-free self-rising flour (available in most major UK supermarkets or online).
- It’s best eaten right away.