Photo from Fotolia / Juljia Sapic
Kneading the bread takes 10 to 15 minutes, but the end result is worth the effort.
Every time we bake this bread it is a big hit in our house. You will need two cans of coffee for two loaves of bread. The same boxes are used for measuring and cooking. It’s a good idea to use the three-pound size for measuring and the one-pound size for baking, as the small mussels cook most thoroughly without burning.
Coffee wheat bread recipe
For the wet mix
• 1/2 cup lukewarm water (but no more than 85 degrees, as the yeast would be killed)
• 1 cake or 2 sachets of yeast (the cake works faster; if the recipe is doubled or tripled it is still sufficient)
• 1 tablespoon of flour
• 1 mashed ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon of honey or raw sugar
Mix everything in the box. If you want, you can add a few spoonfuls of honey, molasses, brown sugar, or dextros. A well-cooked potato passed in a blender and incorporated into the water at this stage can replace the milk below.
For the dry mix
• 1 level box of whole wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 1/8 can of powdered milk
• A handful or two of raisins
• Something strange, for example wheat germ, soy flour, food supplements, nuts or dried dates.
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl or saucepan. Mix the dry and wet mixtures and mix until it is uniform. Towards the end of this process, ripe bananas or sliced peaches can be discarded. Let the dough rise in a warm place until it has risen by half. The top of a stove with the oven on is roughly to the right. Sometimes it takes an hour or two. Take the opportunity to grease the cans.
2. To knead, once the dough has risen, sprinkle a little flour on a work surface or table. Make sure to keep the flour on the kneading surface, dough and your hands. Turn the dough over on the floured work surface. Knead by pressing down on the top and folding the edges on top again. Kneading usually takes 10 to 15 minutes. A well-kneaded dough is rounded and squirts like a plump baby’s butt.
3. Make sure all cans are well greased. Divide the dough, knead the halves into balls and put in the boxes. Let rise again until the dough has almost doubled in size (about 45 minutes to an hour). You can now move on to the cooking portion of this recipe.
4. To bake, place the box vertically in an oven preheated to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an hour. Large cans take longer to cook. After cooking, let the cans cool for 5-10 minutes. With a potholder in hand, rotate the bread in the box. It will slide directly on the counter. Eat healthy!
Posted on January 1, 1970
When electric meets luxury, you get the 2021 GS-6 plug-in hybrid sports car from Karma. It’s sleek, low and just plain sexy. I had a lot of fun trying it out.
Sometimes the chores on a homestead add up and the stress of doing them becomes overwhelming.
Stephanie Willis discusses with us the natural and sustainable approach to her business and the benefits of choosing natural health and beauty solutions.