If I could only eat one Seafood the rest of my life would be crabbing – although I thought about it too much for a while because I love fish and shrimptoo. In fact, I like everything Seafood. My youngest daughter feels the same way about crab so I’m always on the lookout for interesting crab recipes TO DO.
This Seafood Copier
bread recipe of assault crab, a restaurant I had never heard of until now, pulled me hook, line and sinker. Yes, even though it’s made with imitation crab, which I only buy for two other recipes – imitation crab salad and Crab Rangoon. After watching the video posted by Restaurant Recipe Recreation and upon hearing the explanation of the imitation crab, I let go of all my reservations. This seafood bread recipe is delicious. Serve it as an appetizer or with a salad for a fun lunch or dinner.
Note: We may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated with or in any way endorses or gives any guarantees on any specific products. However, 30Seconds participates in the Amazon Affiliate Advertising Program and this post contains affiliate links, which means that we may earn a commission or fee if you make a purchase through those links.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 13 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Total duration: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Duke’s mayonnaise is suggested although I prefer Hellman’s)
- 16 ounces imitation crab, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 3 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup parsley, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Paul Prudhomme seasoning
- 1 loaf of dense hoagie style bread
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine mayonnaise, imitation crab, cheeses, parsley, garlic and seasoning. Mix well.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut it in half down the middle, lengthwise. Spoon the seafood mixture generously over each half. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire surface of the bread.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for about 7 minutes (this will depend on your oven). You want the cheese to be completely melted and a shade of brown on top. Remove the bread and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it into 4-inch slices.
Photo: Recreations of restaurant recipes via YouTube
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.