When the going gets tough, the tough guys snack, that’s probably why Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings recipes are on everyone’s mind right now. After browsing her banana bread and spicy miso carbonara, we’re ready for something salty and extra-cheesy. Luckily, Chrissy’s Cheesy Garlic Armadillo Bread ticks both of those boxes.
You don’t have to rush to the store to buy Chrissy’s first Cravings cookbook for making this bread (although you should get it anyway, because the recipes are * chef’s kiss * amazing). After seeing fans sharing their creations on social media, Chrissy decided to ditch the recipe so that even more people could try their hand at the ooey-gooey goodness, bless her. Read on to see the recipe and enjoy the aroma of garlic bread in your home. If there’s anything we need more of right now, it’s cheese and carbs.
There you go, friends. I know I should tell you to buy the book but in these times you deserve it https://t.co/vER1dZrYl9
– chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) April 25, 2020
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 4 cloves)
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Round loaf of 1 pound French bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 Â° F.
- In a bowl, combine the mozzarella, butter, mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into a grid, making notches 2 inches apart and being careful not to cut through the bottom of the bread.
- Place bread on a large sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Stuff most of the cheese mixture into all the cracks in the bread. Spread the rest on top of the bread. Coat another sheet of foil with cooking spray and place, sprayed side down, on top of bread. Crimp the two pieces together to seal the bread in foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375 Â° F. Remove top sheet of foil and bake until top is golden brown and cheese is super soft, 15 to 20 minutes more.