Soft, chewy, and full of butter and garlic, this easy-to-assemble bread recipe is a must-try! Homemade garlic bread has a crispy exterior and a super soft interior. You won’t be able to stop pulling and devouring this bread! (And it smells divine while cooking.)
Serve this garlic bread recipe with dinner. We’re thinking pasta, but it would be fantastic with any meal.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 1h30
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total duration: 2 hours
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Here’s how to do it:
- To make the batter, put the milk, egg, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add flour and salt. Mix until a paste forms. Add the butter and continue mixing. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and put it in an oiled bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the filling, combine the butter, garlic, parsley and sugar. Put aside.
- Uncover the dough and degas it. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into a rectangle the size of a bread pan. Spread the butter mixture on the dough, then roll it into a sausage shape. Cut the dough into equal pieces and place them in a greased loaf pan. Cover the pan and let rise for about 20 minutes. Brush the top with egg wash and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.Share.