NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Go bananas? Do not worry.
This delicious banana bread recipe is here to save the day.
And if your bananas look a little overripe, you have a better reason to make this wonderful banana bread.
You can turn them into a delicious, sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning (or any time of the day).
This banana bread is comforting and comes with an extra splash of cinnamon – it’s quite the star.
4-5 ripe bananas (medium)
⅓ cup melted butter
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp (or ½ tbsp — your choice!) ground cinnamon
⅓ teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
(Makes 10 servings)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mash the bananas.
4. Mix melted butter and sugar; add the bananas.
5. Add egg and vanilla extract.
MAC AND CHEESE: AMERICA’S ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD, GETS A DELICIOUS NEW TOUR
6. Stir in the dry ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and flour; then add the wet ingredients and mix well.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes. Cooking times may vary.
Insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, your banana bread is done. If it comes out sticky or wet, it needs more time.
Remove from the oven, let cool completely and transfer to a dish.
Slice and enjoy with your favorite drink.
As a healthy bonus, serve with fresh berries.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
You can also reheat leftover slices in the microwave the next day if needed.