Some grandmothers love to cook from scratch – and some enjoy easy recipes that you can put in the oven in minutes. This sweet pain au chocolat recipe has just three simple ingredients and goes in the oven in five minutes.
Serve this chocolate bread warm with a scoop of ice cream or at room temperature with whipped cream. It makes a great dessert or snack.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total duration: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix cake mix, yogurt and egg until well blended.
- Stir in a few chocolate chips, if using.
- Spread the dough in a buttered mold 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing it.
Need help converting cooking and cooking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.