Although this homemade bread rests a lot before baking, you don’t have to do much. (Time to watch that show on Netflix?) This rustic no-knead bread recipe is simple to make and smells great while baking.
You will need a large pot with a lid to cook the bread in. cast iron skillet Where dutch ovenDeep baking dish Where enamel jar are good choices. Just make sure there’s no plastic on the pot and it can get up to 450 degrees F. You’ll also need some clean kitchen towels. Good pastry!
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 12 to 22 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 13 to 23 hours
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 10 to 20 hours.
- When the dough looks bubbly and smells like beer, pick it up with wet hands and place it on a floured work surface. Shape the dough into a ball and place it on a floured kitchen towel. Sprinkle with a little flour and cover with another kitchen towel. Leave the dough to rest for another 2 hours.
- After about 1 1/2 hours of bread sitting (30 minutes before baking), preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and set either a cast iron skillet, large round casserole dish, or ovenproof pot to hot. (Don’t use anything with plastic.)
- When the pan is hot, carefully remove it from the oven and butter the inside. Place the dough in the pan, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bread from the pot and let it cool. Slice and enjoy.
Need help converting baking and baking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts. Here is how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds communityand follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.